Jessica Cameron and Mania again
We are proud to have a new interview with Jessica Cameron the famous actress and director. We're gonna talk about her new movie, MANIA.
- Mania is not the first movie you directed, what’s the difference with the ones you’ve made before?
JC - Mania is by far the most romantic movie that I have ever done. At it's heart its a love story. A bloody love story but a love story none the less.
- The movie is about a lesbian character, why did you make this special choice?
JC -Truthfully it was never about making a choice. In my mind this particular tale was always with two women. It just wouldn't feel right any other way.
- As an actress and a director is it difficult to deal with other actors? or is it maybe easier to deal with them…
JC - I have a greater appreciation for the actors who work hard, are talented and are responsible. I have less tolerance for those who do not take their job seriously, don't have their lines memorized, etc.
- Mania movie is about a breakout, do you think that sexual tendencies can have some kind of influences into contemporary society?
JC - One of the things I adore most about film is that it is open to so much interpretation. While I did not design the concept or the film itself around any metaphor, viewers can choose to interpret the material how they wish, and see what they choose to see. I always try to add layers to my films so that when you watch then repeatedly you can see more and more depth to the film itself.
- Sex and blood… do you think it’s the perfect mix for a modern horror movie? Did you get the inspiration from some other famous movie for your Mania?
JC - Honestly I don't think there is a perfect mix for a modern horror film as much as I think its important to stay true to the story. With Mania the inspiration stemmed from my love of the open road combined with my research and experience with those afflicted with mental illiness.
SO, thank you very much Jessica for your courtesy, i hope to have the chance to talk with you again in the future.
Here's some link you could like: