Scary Image of a Woman devoured
Noelle Baynham's dogs started to eat her remains after being locked in the house for days.
The most likely cause of death was an accidental overdose, an inquest was told
However a doctor could not decide/figure out the exact cause of death because the dogs, who were trapped in the house, ate parts of her.
Concerned friend Grant Donovan made the 'horrific' discovery of her remains after nobody answered the front door at her home.
He told the legal investigation that he could hear her two dogs barking and jumping behind the door and became concerned that there did not appear to be anyone in with them.
Finding the back door unlocked, he entered the house where he said the floors were covered in dog (brown, smelly waste from animals).
Walking through, he then discovered Ms Baynham's body lying on the landing.
'This was the most truly shocking and terrible thing I have ever seen,' he told the legal investigation.
'I could not look at her long, so I just came away and called 999.'
Detectives who searched the house following the terrible discovery, on January 17 this year, could find no event(s) or object(s) that prove something of a struggle or foul play.
The hearing was told how former jeweller Ms Baynham was found was in her dressing gown and had run a bath just before her death.
Detective Police officer Wesley Arnold from Hampshire Police told the coroner that scratch marks on her chest pointed to/showed that her dogs may have tried to wake her after she collapsed.
Home Office Dr Amanda Jeffery reaveled that she had probably died 'a few days' before she was found, but because the dogs had eaten her organs it was impossible to establish exactly what had killed her.
The 'combined effect' of a variety of drugs found in her system was likely to have been the cause of a (happening by chance, without any planning) overdose, she added.
The hearing was told that Ms Baynham suffered from (mental disorder where people switch from very happy to very sad) and long-lasting alcoholism and was prescribed a variety of medicine. Blood tests found a range of drugs in her system including possibly poisonous levels of painkillers.
Recording an open legal decision, senior central Hampshire coroner Grahame Short ruled that there was no objecs of suicide or a (happening by chance, without any planning) fall, but said Ms Baynham may have had a stroke.
'The shocking and truly terrible element in this case is what happened after death rather than before, and it's completely reasonable that when there are dogs in the house with no one to care for them, that they will then start to eat her remains.
'That clearly was a major interference to Dr Jeffery in her examination, and as she's explained, she was not able to look at her important organs and she could not establish a clear cause of death.
'I have to say there's no sign to say this was a carefully planned overdose. There can come a point where [the drug level over time is] just too high and one pill too many can tip over the balance.'
The dogs were (after that) put down on the opinions about what could or should be done about a situation of police officers.